Through the engagement of an international community of forward thinking practice based academic researchers and professional designers, the RMIT Master of Design Innovation and Technology (MDIT) speculates on the future of design and seeks to develop design methodologies that integrate the needs of people with the potentials that lie within technological innovation.
Each semester students choose from a range of partnered design projects and skill based elective offerings that address the following research streams:
• Digital Fabrication - digital design, fabrication and advanced manufacturing
• Sustainable Systems – responsive and responsible energy efficient design solutions
• Information Environments - connections between data, information, people and space
• Interactive Technologies – interactive and intelligent objects and spaces
• Spatial Sound - sound based explorations of urban environments
• Immersive Experience – embodied, sensorial and affective immersive environments
As innovation in design practice is positioned at the intersection of several disciplines, the program addresses issues from a wide variety of professions such as engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, industrial design, service design, graphic design, animation, interaction, lighting, media and sound design.